Sunday, March 20, 2016

Name: Mascota Vineyards La Mascota Malbec 2013
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2013
Price: $14.99

Winery Review: La Mascota Malbec shows an intense purple color with ruby hues and displays aromas of black fruits, jam and vanilla, A very subtle licorice touch and full-bodied tannins lead to a long and pleasant finish.

 My review: This is a intense dark purple wine . The smell is fruity and somewhat sweet. The taste at first is sweet and jammy, fruity, then dry, acidic, tangy aftertaste. It had some tobacco and licorice flavor, but i really enjoyed the texture of this wine it was smooth and comfortable to drink. I surprisingly enjoyed this wine, and I do not like Malbec. This wine was very enjoyable, the sweet impression and tangy aftertaste got me by surprise but i enjoyed it so much that I bought myself a bottle. Well paired with a nice heavy juicy steak in form of Asado or a  seasoned baked pork ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment