Friday, February 26, 2016

Name: Kupelwieser Pinot Grigio Alt Adige 2014
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Alto Adige
Country:  Italy
Year: 2014
Price: $15.99

Winery Review: Alto Adige, Italy- Crisp, and refreshing Pinot Grigio handcrafted by award winning winemaker Peter Zemmer. This complex white reveals flavors of citrus and tree fruits with nuances of mineral, all showcased by a lengthy finish. Try with Catfish, Cod or Snapper.
                                   
My review: This will be my second Pinot Grigio that I have tasted. This is a green glass bottle and cork wine. It is nice white, light yellow colored wine. The aromas of this wine is a combination of different citrus flavor combined in one. This wine has a soft taste, something I didn’t expect compared to my first Pinot Grigio. My first Pinot Grigio was strong but this was mellow. But this tells you more, where the wine is from and how different wines get their favor from different climates or production. It is a smooth, mild, citric, preferred cold wine that should be compared with foods alike. Since this is not a sweet white it is a great meal to be paired with Ceviche-a peruvian seafood dish, composed of raw fish and sprinkled with citric juices. I prefer some spices so some aji is great. It would be a great combination with a nice Ceviche.

No comments:

Post a Comment